Wednesday, May 13, 2009

MOMMY KNOWS BEST

















As soon as Tobias and Bedste returned from 
our walk ...
and the spontaneous photographing realtors leave ..  we sit down to chill and blog and FB for just a second ...  the phone rings .. and it is MOM telling us to go and pick up the sick little Mr. Man from school.   So we're off ......  

Mom makes a few suggestions for her first born baby ... so we pick up R2 and we head to Aldi and then Price Chopper.....  BRAT.......  Bananas Rice Applesauce and Toast.... and the trusty Keopectate ..  BRATK!
Tobias needs to go potty in Price Chopper .... remembering his dribble dribble attempts to admire each and every public restroom in KC .... I ask him if he can wait just a minute .. Toby wants to pee on the tire or a tree  
... sounds better than checking out the Price Chopper restroom ... so we get in line and check out. Poor little guy, Bedste forgets all about it and loads up the kids and belts them in and we head to the house.  

We make it to the house and carefully squeeze in the garage ..... kids unloaded... supplies in house .... Tobias was so upset when I asked him to use the bathroom, so we unlocked the front door and he headed to the tree....
OMG poor baby had his hopes up and Bedste had the nerve to ask him to use the actual potty....

R2 needs to have another bath ASAP.... we add bubbles and discovered that this is a big hit. He gets his Keopectate while in the tub..... and I check on him every 60 seconds or so making sure he is happy....  I even put more warm water in just incase.... 

I make toast and peanut butter for Tobias and give him a banana and animal crackers and WATER....  R2 still happy.... but I need him out.... so he gets out and into pajamas.... Tobias down for "nap" and R2 and I work on white rice ..... dry toast ... banana and applesauce.
He likes the applesauce and the dry toast is ok too .. but is hesitant about the rice and banana....... so Bedste mixes the banana and applesauce and he is so excited and eats it up..... so I through in the rice and this was a hit too......  GREAT! BRAT lunch is EZ ...... mix the BRA and serve the T on the side... looks like tapioca and toast....

Bedste NEEDs pretend naps....  BAD..  I felt bad the first and second time I put the kids down for "naps" .....  R2 is like 9 years old and NEVER takes naps .... and Tobias is 3 and only actually takes about 3 naps a week....  NO MORE GUILT!  I realize that all three of us do much much better if we get at least 2 hours apart every single day.....  so there you have it.
R2 is Q and playing and has not been sick at all since he has been out of the tub.... (mommy's home remedy works) he is whispering and playing with puppets and a mirror....  Tobias is reading and talking and every once in a while even speaking Spanish "uno momento por favor" and then into the Spiritual Warfare "Wisdom Revelation!" and then back to ABCDEFG........  

Nap-time is good very very good.....  The house is so clean that I am uncomfortable..... lucky for me it won't stay this way long...  they are due to get up any time now... 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, Bedste!!! YOU make ME tired just reading about all of the activity and goings on!! You are GREAT and I know you have loved your time with them. BUT, I know you must be ready to give the reins back to Mom and Dad! :)

Tammy

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Yes and AMEN