I asked Rob to guess how many
chickens I had at the house..... "10 - 14 ? I don't know..." When I told him 29, his reply was "What is WRONG with you?" It was so funny.
We all tend to be a little obsessive and my children come by it honestly.
14 of these chickens do not actually liv
e here. They are merely visiting while their homes are bein
g created and their peeps are out on vacation etc....
I have as many of
these little peeps as possible on the front porch. Yesterday I popped outside to grab their water dishes so I could freshen them up. While I was on the porch for literally 10 seconds, RUBY JOY
locked the door knob. She had no trouble locking it, but only laughed and ran when Bedste asked her to unlock it. She was watching a recording
of Sesame street and having a blast knocking on her side of the door while I knocked on the outside. She thought this was so funny. God please help me get inside to the baby.
I checked the back door to see if I had left it unlocked....and all the
windows... DADGUMMIT. I knew that I was going to have to break down the door and worry about fixing it later. I kept talking to her and watching her. She is such a good girl.
She did not take advantage of the situation at all. She just laughed at Bedste and watched Sesame Street. Bettyann's son just happened to stop by and saved the day by crawling in through the only window that is not painted shut, in the bathroom.
This window is small and high and he had no trouble. I love Michael.
Ruby did not know him so he startled her when he came out of the bathroom. We showed Michael all the chickens and soon they were friends. Ruby just smiled at him. Now I keep my keys in my pocket no matter how quick I think I am going to be on the porch tending chicks. Thank God for Michael Peters.
This morning, I had a great idea! I put
Babbit in with the chickens while I cleaned out his cage. He can enjoy all the space and jump around and have a mini vacation. I watched him for a spell. He seemed so happy. I decided to let him stay all day. I was planning on keeping James and Juliet locked anyway so I could repair and baby proof their yard. Babbit was so happy. He seemed to enjoy the concrete blocks and chillin. I kept watching him from the
kitchen and he seemed just fine.
Ruby Joy and I ate oatmeal and cleaned up a little
around the house, and when I looked again, HE WAS GONE! O no!
I thought about Madi taking such good care of him for 5 weeks just to come home and get lost because of my
carelessness. I also love this little rabbit as strange as that may sound. God cares. I remembered howmuch the Lord helped me with the Hen house the other day, so I asked him to let me find Babbit. I looked and looked, heard something in the shed but saw nothing....
I went and got Ruby from the front yard and set
her up with a toy close to me, I took Enoch off the chain so he could help. I figured I could keep him from eating him.
He is a good dog. We walked and hunted the entire property. I heard a hawk making noises in the sky as if he was anticipating a nice rabbit dinner. I lost a white cat before because of a hawk..
I can still hear the meow meow meow getting further and further away as he flew off with a hawk.... so sad.
God is so wonderful.
I heard another noise in the shed and when I stepped in, Babbit ran out. He went behind the shed in all the rolled up rusty fencing from 15 years ago. I sat down with my apple that Ruby and I had been working on.... Jesus! Please help me. Babbit came out and slowly made it all the way to me..... just like that. I grabbed him and Enoch ran up and scared the beegeebies out of him and he was gone.... After Enoch was back on the chain, and a lot more prayer, Babbit came out and ran into the shed where I was easily able to corner him.. Good Grief!
The thought of leaving him out there all alone for the hawks was too much.
God cares and HE IS EVERYTHING! Of course He cares for Ruby Joy, but He even cares for little Rabbits.
God is so awesome!
4 comments:
i love the picture of babbit chillin' inside the cinder block. very cute.
also, i think my fam has you beat on obsessions. my in-laws got into birds for a while. at one point they had 70-90 different kinds of finches and canaries - all inside their house. in the evening, we could hardly hear each other talk for all the singing. they did that for a couple of years and then they thinned it out. i think they just have 2 - 4 canaries now. =)
OMG....... 70.... I am so looking forward to Monday just to be 8 less.... it feels like a lot of work making sure everyone has food and water etc..... 70 ? whew
You pooped outside to grab their water dishes?
and.... I said what the HELL is wrong with you?
love arb
BRAT!
Post a Comment