Monday, June 1, 2009

I will not obsess, I will not obsess!

This morning I called the American Feeders supply on 105 West to find out if they had anymore Yellow Buff chicks.  They did not, but they did have a great sale today.  Buy ONE chick at $3.25 and get FIVE free....  WHAT?!!!?  

So of course I called Sammye and Connie to see if they would like to get in on this DEAL of the century.......   they did.  So now I have 18 new baby chicks to add to the 9 I already had and of course the 2 loves birds outside.... TWENTY NINE CHICKENS!!

These chickens are NOT the same chickens I already had.  A couple of them might be silver laced wyandotte and maybe BARRED Rocks, but the majority of them have white chest with yellow fuzz and black everywhere else.... FEED store experts guess Black Buff Orpingtons. They are all black beautiful babies, and I will get there head shots up on Blog after I catch my breath and clean this house.  

Sammye is going out of town for the weekend so she will gather her 6 black baby chicks MONDAY...... and Connie will get hers in a few weeks after Floyd builds her a coop.... 

I am very happy.  How can chickens make me so happy?  Wassup with that?  I do not know but I am enjoying the ride.  

I think I have a couple of Rhode Island reds too.....   It will be exciting to see what they all grow up to be...... 


BLACK Orpington?

2 comments:

Beth said...

OMG!

=)

Your house must sound like the bird section at the zoo. =) You're over the top, lady!

Oh, and i think your chicken is called a Black Orpington. Buff refers to the buff color.

Josh said...

That is a BUFF chicken for sure. Not one I would want to run into in a dark alley when alone.